of the Fresenius University of Applied Sciences
Founded in 1848 by Carl Remigius Fresenius, and with its roots in the Fresenius Chemical Laboratory, Hochschule Fresenius, University of Applied Sciences can look back on an over 165-year-old tradition in privately funded education in Germany. This makes it the oldest educational chemistry institute of its kind. True to the intent of its founder, it combines teaching, research, and practical application. The name Fresenius stands for practically oriented teaching closely linked to applied research and development. This holds true for the long-standing Faculty of Chemistry & Biology, the Faculties of Health & Social Affairs and of Economics & Media, both established in 1997/98, and also for the new Faculty of Design, which was integrated in 2013.
On this basis, and in coordination with professional partners as well as in communication with associations, alumni and students, Hochschule Fresenius University of Applied Sciences has continuously evolved its range of courses and its strategic direction. In doing so, it pursues the goals of sustainability and innovation in equal measure, true to its motto: “Teaching and research with practical relevance, bringing an international environment to life, challenging and supporting our students!”