- Course duration:
- 4 semester
- Course start:
- Bachelor of Science
- 180 ECTS
- 298 Euro / Month
Acquire valuable knowledge of business management on a vocational study course
Do you want…
- to acquire skills in economics, general business and marketing?
- take on management or executive tasks in the healthcare sector?
- broaden your specialised knowledge on a study course without having to give up your job?
- study at the market leader for academic qualifications for healthcare occupations?
If so, the vocational study course in Health & Management for Healthcare Occupations (Bachelor) at the Fresenius University of Applied Sciences is the perfect choice for you. You will spend four semesters studying over a total of four block weeks and 16 attendance weekends in Idstein, Hamburg or Munich.
Brief profile of the study course
With 4.7 million employees, the healthcare sector is Germany’s largest employer and at the same time the country’s biggest growth industry. Therapists and care workers take over special responsibilities for people and society which are not always reflected in the opportunities available for developing their careers.
The vocational Bachelor study course in Health & Management for Healthcare Occupations at the Fresenius University of Applied Sciences offers new perspectives for these professional groups. Over four semesters it supplements the specialised and social expertise of therapists and care workers with a component that is vital for the future of the healthcare sector: economic know-how.
Degree course content
More than just a business study course
The Bachelor study course in Health & Management has primarily been conceived for qualified care workers as well as for occupational therapists, speech therapists and physiotherapists. However, it is also open to other professional groups from the healthcare sector; medical assistants and doctors in particular will also benefit from the course content in their work practice.
Experiences from professional everyday life are reflected in the study course, while interdisciplinary learning augments the gained knowledge. Alongside economics-oriented modules, the study course also comprises modules aimed at the core fields of expertise of people employed in the public healthcare sector. Students can choose a main subject area in either business management or a specialised field for their project work and Bachelor thesis.
The following modules and the accompanying lectures await you during the four semesters of the study course in Health & Management for Healthcare Occupations:
- Basic principles of scientific work
- Structure of the healthcare sector
- Healthcare facilities as part of the healthcare industry
- Management of a healthcare facility
- Accounting for healthcare facilities
- Ethics & culture
- Quality management in the healthcare sector
- Human resource management in the healthcare sector
- Legal form and organisation of healthcare facilities
- Start-ups & contract law
- Marketing in the healthcare sector
Why study on a vocational course?
Flexibility with a modern concept for studying
Flexibility is especially important for professionals who want to develop their skills. A well-balanced concept of attendance times, e-learning and self-study ensures that our students are able to effectively harmonise their careers and studies. The Fresenius University of Applied Sciences has developed an internet-based learning platform for the study course based on ILIAS, which in addition to modern teaching methods also offers you flexibility with regards to when and where you study. Online support in the form of e-tutors and personal accompaniment during the course help students to successfully achieve their study goals.
The Fresenius University of Applied Sciences is Germany’s forerunner in the academisation of healthcare occupations, and at the end of the 1990s was the country’s first university to introduce a therapy undergraduate study course. The Fresenius University has been teaching and conducting research in the fields of media, business management and the healthcare industry for many years. This experience has flowed into the study course in Health & Management for Therapy and Healthcare Occupations.
Dual qualifications are in demand in the healthcare sector
Participants of the study course in Health & Management for Healthcare Occupations acquire a qualification profile which sets them apart from other employees in the healthcare sector.
Course students acquire a knowledge of business management which is increasingly gaining in importance.
This opens up numerous new fields of work for graduates in both their trained profession as well as in other areas of the healthcare sector.
At the same time, it also helps them to safeguard their present workplace in the long term. The vocational nature of the study course is intended to enable the students to immediately apply their newly learned skills and knowledge in their own professional environment.
It will also facilitate a transition to successful self-employment.
Your benefits at the Fresenius University of Applied Sciences
- Internationally recognised academic degree
- Practice-oriented teaching by experienced professional practitioners
- Sound scientific training
- Teaching material includes research projects
- Market and needs-oriented training
- Small groups & a personal learning atmosphere
- Participant-centric thought and action
- International prospects through a semester abroad with a grant from the EU
- Extensive partner network in almost every European country
- Language courses to prepare you for a possible stay abroad
- University’s own research laboratory (BAL)
- E-learning platform for preparation and evaluation of the lecture material
- Large network of cooperation partners for internships
- Modern facilities (auditoriums, workshop rooms, laboratories, PCs, etc.)
- Interdisciplinary curricula
- Advanced qualification prospects
If you are interested in studying Health & Management for Healthcare Occupations (Bachelor) at the Fresenius University of Applied Sciences, we look forward to receiving your application.
- University entrance certificate (Abitur, higher education entrance qualification)
- Intermediate school-leaving certificate (secondary or technical school diploma) in conjunction with a university entrance examination and at least three years’ occupational experience
- Completed three years’ training in a healthcare occupation (minimum average grade: 3.0) or graduation from a degree course in medicine
- Successfully passing the assessment examination
If you are interested in attending the vocational study course in Health & Management for Healthcare Occupations at the Fresenius University of Applied Sciences, we look forward to receiving your application
Once you have sent us all your application documents, we will be pleased to invite you to a personal interview. If you have any questions about your application, please do not hesitate to contact the student advice service.
You can also contact the Dean of Studies responsible for the programme, Prof. Dr. rer. pol. Thomas Kolb, directly at gum[at]hs-fresenius[dot]de or +49 6126 / 93 52-373 for a personal consultation or if you have any specialised questions.
Fees & financing options
The Fresenius University of Applied Sciences is an independent college whose study courses are accredited, but not refinanced by the state. Fees are consequently charged for the study course.
- Tuition fees: EUR 298 per month
- Enrolment fee: EUR 285, non-recurring (at the beginning of the study course)
We place great importance on enabling all prospective students to join the study course.